Thursday 24 May 2012

More inspiring hallways...Step on in!

The sun continues to shine in Dublin, and summer is hopefully here for another day at least! Maybe its because of my job, but I keep thinking of the first impression a hallway can make when you walk into a home. I think I am becoming obsessed! So I searched a bit more and found these fantastic examples of how to make that massive first impression on a great blog at Doorsixteen. Step on in!                                                           

A timeless classic. White risers and spindles, black treads,  ornate wooden banister & newel post
L: Photo by Bill Kingston (via decor8); R: Photo by Michael Graydon (via Poppytalk)

Great use of a stripey runner and what about those hot pink treads on the right?! I'd have blue!
Both photos from Sköna hem
For a more practical approach...what about the way these “negative-runners” look? Big job to strip and sand but imagine how easy the maintenance would be! Nice...

Photo from Sköna hem
The power of white... Without all the white, the warmth of the banister and radiator would not come through and that fab pale blue paint would look too cold. Everything about this space is perfect—I love that tiny sliver of blue wall peeking out from the room at the end of the hallway.

L: Photo from LivingEtc; R: Photo from DosFamily
Painted runners... old idea but still in vogue! The photo on the left is of the entry hall in Orla Kiely‘s house.
L: Photo from Sugar City Journal; R: Photo from Ferm Living
Wallpapered risers...be as bold as you want...

Stairs by Tamotsu Yagi Design (via emmas designblogg)
can't make your mind up on a colour...why not try them all??


Great ideas taken from a fabulous blog at Door16 (hope you don't mind!) Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am actually planning on painting my stairs and would love to do something fun, so this is great inspiration. I think my favourite one is the white with the blue strip up the middle! It's that or maybe even geometric shapes up the middle. Hmmm. Do I dare?!

    ReplyDelete